The end of the day. What do you do? It’s an easy list to jot down.
- Check Facebook for the billionth time
- Peek on the baby. Gush over the baby’s cheeks
- Look at the calendar for tomorrow
- Turn on the dishwasher
- Remove contacts. Ask why I didn’t order new ones. Again. Not write it down. Promptly forget I have none left.
- Climb in bed
- Check FB for the billion and oneth time
Tonight I climbed under my super soft black and red checkered Christmas blankie and asked myself a question.
I was struck by the fact that I hadn’t once reflected on that. I realized while I’d skimmed my friends’ updates and I’d jumped in the pool with the kids, and even had run 5.5 miles, I hadn’t stopped to pray or have that moment of quiet reflection and stillness.
It’s never too late in the day to be still.