On a whim this afternoon I decided to whip up a fancy version of roasted sweet potato. Now I have no idea why I did that seeing that it was over 90 degrees outside and the last thing most people want to eat on a hot day is something so filling, not to mention piping hot! But the sweet potato was staring at me and I had an idea that my tummy would be happy with it once I’d eaten it. And I was right.
Sweet Potato with Goat Cheese and Honey
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 Tb honey
- 1/8 cup crushed pistachios or sesame seed
- 2 Tb EVOO
- Preheat oven to 410 F.
- Coat cubed sweet potatoes with olive oil. Spread on parchment paper or silpat mat on cookie sheet.
- Bake/Roast sweet potatoes for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle crushed pistachios or sesame seed on sweet potatoes. Slide back in oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Using a spatula, remove sweet potatoes from cookie sheet and plate. Drizzle honey over potatoes. Crumble goat cheese over last.
- Eat with a fork!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!